Last week the team had our final meeting before the big event! We’re super-excited to see all of you in less than two weeks!
To get you ready, here’s the schedule for Edcamp Boston 2011!
- 8:00-8:45 Registration, breakfast, and networking
- 8:45-9:00 Introduction/Explanation
- 9:00-9:30 Schedule building
- 9:30-10:20 Session 1
- 10:30-11:20 Session 2
- 11:30-12:20 Session 3
- 12:20-1:30 Lunch
- 1:30-2:20 Session 4
- 2:30-3:20 Session 5
- 3:30-4:30 Group Smackdown/Prize Giveaway
- 5:00 Afterparty at Kendall Marriott!
For those of you who have never gone to an Edcamp before, please make a note of the unusual part of the morning where we will build the schedule. Edcamp doesn’t believe in paying fancy people to come and talk at you about teaching! At an Edcamp, the people attending, or participants, are the ones who who facilitate sessions on teaching and learning! So Edcamp won’t succeed without a whole bunch of you wanting to run a session of some kind! What kinds of sessions might you run?
- Discussions on issues in education
- Share a model lesson or unit
- Conduct an inquiry session into a new tool
- Share something you’re passionate about
- Discuss new things you’d like to learn more about
- Share activities you’re looking to improve
- Anything else you can think of that will get other interested teachers to come and share with you!
Edcamp Boston should be a great day of learning! Even if you don’t feel like facilitating a session, please come ready to share ideas